One major benefit about blogger is that it’s not only free to open but also has various lots of template which you can use. You don’t need to pay for host or templates, it is hosted by Google and comes it pre-installed free templates, all that is needed of you is to buy a domain and map it to your blog. As a blogger beginner, you may try start up with blogger default templates but with time, you might feel the need to make your blog look more colorful and different by try other free blog website templates. You might also decide to design your own blogger template on use it on your blog but some new blogger buddies find it hard uploading new blogger templates to their blog. When searching for blogger templates, you are advised to search for either seo templates or responsive templates because they help make your site crawled faster by search engines and mobile friendly. One problem may blogger face is uploading the templates so it doesn’t affect their blog or its content. Not to worry much, in this post, I will explain the basic two method you can upload or install a blogger template free on your blogger blog. You should be aware the blogger templates are always in the .xml format.
How To Install a New Blogger Template
Before uploading a blogger template, you are expected to backup your previous template in case you want to revert to the template.
This method basically involves uploading the blogger template directly to your blog. Below are the step by step method you can upload a blogger template to your blog.
1. Sign in to your blogger dashboard by visiting blogger.com
2. Click on “Template” on the left menu section
3. Next click “Backup / Restore“. Once you click Backup/Restore, a pop up would appear where you can backup your present template and install the new blogger template.
4. Click “Download template” to backup your present template (Very important).
5. After you have downloaded (backed up) your present template, now Choose File to select the new template you wish to use.
6. Once you have selected the file, Click “Upload” and after few seconds, your template would be successfully installed.
You have successfully installed your blogger template. If you feel this method is hard or tedious then you can use the second method to install your blogger template
This method involves copying the blogger template HTML script and pasting it in your blog directly. Below are the steps to install a new blogger template on your blog using the copy and paste method.
- Locate the blogger template you downloaded and open the theme (always in the .xml format) using Note pad.
- Now use Ctrl + A and Ctrl +C to select all and copy the theme codes.
- Next, Go to your dashboard > Template > Template HTML
- Now paste the entire file you had earlier copied there using Ctrl + A and Ctrl +V
- Click “Save template” to install your new template.
Ensure you backup your previous template so you can easily restore it If you dislike it.
Both method works perfectly so you choose any one that suits you. Using SEO and responsive template is very good and make your blog look attractive so that it would encourage your users to keep visiting your blog. Hope you enjoyed this article, Kindly hit the share buttons below to share to friends on your social media.
If you have any questions concerning this article or you enjoyed this article, feel free to ask or thank us using the comments.