Google Analytics is the best medium to track your users (visitors), their countries, their referring sites, their platform whether mobile or PC, the post they visit regularly thereby giving you any edge on how you can focus more of the articles (post) that drives traffic to your blog. Adding Google analytics to blogger blog is one of the basic thing a professional blogger is expected or required to do so that he can be aware of the post to make that would engage more users in his blog. Google analytics was created with the aim of helping bloggers/ website owners track (monitor) the number of visitors or page view they receive per day.
Add Google Analytics to blogger involves adding the Analytics id to your blog when you sign up for Google Analytics. Implementing Google Analytics is easy and fast and there are two basic ways you can insert the Analytic Id in blogger. Below are the two basic ways to add Google Analytics to Blogger.
How to add Google analytics to blogger blog
1. Go to Google analytics website and sign in to your gmail account. Fill in the form, If it’s your first time sign in to Google Analytics
2. Next go to admin section>>Tracking info (under User Management) and you will see your tracking ID code that looks like this UA-XXXXXXX-1 which you will insert in your blogger blog. Copy the analytic tracking ID of your blog.
3. Go to your blogger.com and login your blogger account.
4. Select the blog which you want to add the copied tracking ID to. In the dashboard, click on Settings>>Other and then you will see Google Analytics Section.
5. Paste the tracking ID you had earlier copied in the “Analytics web property ID” and click the “save setting” button as shown in the pic below
If the above method seems long or stressful for you, then you can alternatively use this method to add the Google tracking ID to your blogger blog account. This method simply involve pasting the Universal Analytics tracking code before the </head> tag so that Google Analytics can track the users that visits your blog. The detailed steps are listed below:
2. Next log in to your blogger dashboard. At the left side bar widget, click on Template>>Edit HTML.
3. Search for the </head> tag by using Ctrl + F and paste the Google Universal Analytics tracking code before the </head> tag.
You have successfully added Google analytics to your blogger blog. To verify it was successful, go to your google Analytics and visit REPORTING section at the top menu. You will start viewing users that visits your blog, their countries, how they come into your site from referring sites and social medias.
Both methods works but the first method is easier and works perfectly. If you experience any problem adding google analytics to your blogger blog, notify using the comment box.