Social media is a good medium to drive traffic and engagement to your blog. With lot of people visiting their favorite Social media channel either Facebook, Twitter, Pin interest and so on, bloggers can share their blog contents to those social medias so as to reach more audience and get more views on their blog post.
Adding a floating share button on your blog helps your readers easily share your content to his/ her social media so that it can be easily be accessible to his/her friends and followers.
How To Add Floating Share Buttons On Blogger Blog
Adding floating share button on blogger blog involves getting a customized share buttons code from online sharing site like Sumo, Add this, Sharethis and add it to your blogger blog. I will explain how you can add sharing button to your blog using Add this. Below are the steps in doing so:
1. Visit www.addthis.com and Sign in to your AddThis dashboard or sign up If you haven’t created one.
2. Next, Click “Get the Code” button on the top menu and copy the code
3. Visit blogger.com and Sign in to your Blogger dashboard
4. Go to Theme >> Edit HTML
5. Locate </body> using CTRL F and paste the AddThis code above the </body> tag. Click “Save Theme” and to implement changes.
6. Next, go back to your AddThis dashboard and Click “Tools” >> “Add New Tool“
7. Click “Share Buttons” and Select “Sidebar” under tool type and click “Continue”
8. Click on “Select Your Own” option under Social Networks
9. Click on “Add More Services” on select the Social Media icons you wish to show on the side bar.
Rearrange the social media services list to suite your taste. You can add new sharing icons from the list, drag and move to different positions of each of your own social media sharing icons. You can decide to make it visible only on desktop or to be visible both to desktop and mobile.
10. Click “Save and Continue” to save changes.
Now visit your blog and view the floating sharing buttons in your blog.
Floating Sharing buttons helps to increase engagement in your blog and also makes your blog looks more attractive. Avoid adding more than five sharing buttons so that it won’t make your sidebar visible for your blog viewers. Social media is considered as the new age SEO and that can make your blog post easily accessible to your readers and increase your blog views.